The SilverWing Development is located adjacent to the Sandpoint Airport on fee simple land on over 18 acres of property. It includes a duplex comprised of a fully furnished model home adjacent to an unfinished shell unit. Both units have a 55 x 56 hangar and over 3,000 square feet of residence directly above. Forty-three additional lots are ready for construction and can be individually built or combined together for larger structures.
Features of the Development
All required approvals and site work for the SilverWing Development have been completed with the entire development having complete utility connections for water, sewer, gas, and electricity. SilverWing is a gated development with a key code entrance gate and a fence around the property. The development has interior dedicated streets and all entryways, taxiways, tie-down areas, and parking areas have been completed and paved. Each building pad is fully engineered, surveyed, compacted, rocked and ready for slab construction.
Perpetual Easement & Residential TTF
While the SilverWing Development is located in the jurisdiction of the City of Sandpoint, the development not only has a perpetual easement for access to the runway but also an approved residential through-the-fence (rTTF) agreement with the airport sponsor, Bonner County, in perpetuity. Having a rTTF agreement with an airport sponsor on a public airport is an extremely rare attribute to an aviation related residential development. Recently the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), declared that no future rTTF agreements will be approved but existing agreements will be grandfathered, leaving SilverWing as one of only a few airparks in the US with these rights.
Quality & Location
The SilverWing Development is also unique in the level of quality and luxury it offers combined with its scenery and location. With direct access to the public Sandpoint Airport, the Development is one of only a few airparks located near the center of a town, just minutes from skiing, shopping, and restaurants.
Many businesses call Sandpoint home and include aviation related business such as Quest Aircraft (manufacture of the Kodiak and our neighbor to the North), Tamarack Aerospace Group (manufacturer of Active Winglets for Citations and Cirrus) and the Life Flight Network. Other non-aviation related businesses also are headquartered in Sandpoint, including Coldwater Creek, Thorne Research, Litehouse Foods, and Unicep Packaging, making Sandpoint a busy and growing business center.
News & Articles
- Top 10 Most Scenic Ski Resorts, USA Today, Nancy Prichard Bouchard
- Idaho's Hippest Mountain Town, Men's Journal, Eric Hansen
- Idaho Airpark Living, Plane & Pilot, Marc C. Lee
- Top 10 Emerging Ski Towns, National Geographic, Aaron Teasdale
- 10 Best Mountains You've Never Skied, SKI Magazine, Joe Cutts
- Top 20 Ski Resorts, Sunset Magazine, Staff
- Savoring Sandpoint, Spokesman Review, Lorie Hutson
- Retire Here, Not There: Idaho, Smart Money, Catey Hill
- Sandpoint...Focuses on Foodies, Spokane Journal, Mike McLean
- America's Prettiest Winter Towns, Travel + Leisure, Terry Ward
- Slope Time: 7 Underrated Ski Resorts, CNN, Margaret Loftus
- Best-Kept Secret: Schweitzer, ID, Ski Magazine, K. Beekman
- Best of the Road's Top 7 Ski Towns, Rand McNally, Ashley Day
- The Five Best Small Towns in America, USA Today, Laura Bly
- The West's Best Ski Towns, Sunset Magazine, Staff
- Best Adventure Towns, National Geographic Adventure, Staff
- America's Coolest Small Towns, Budget Travel, Nicholas DeRenzo
- Second Homes: Having It All in Sandpoint, Idaho, USA Today
and ABC News, Larry Olmsted
- Weekend Window on Lake Pend Oreille, Good Morning America
and ABC News, Taylor Behrendt and Lee Ferran